Pakistani convoy allowed to leave Sanaa checkpost

Pakistani convoy allowed to leave Sanaa checkpost

Yeman

A Pakistani convoy was allowed to leave Sanaa, hours after it was stopped at check-post attempting to flee the conflict in Yemen, Express News reported on Saturday.

The convoy, consisting of 15 buses, had left Sanaa for Hudaidah.

According to unofficial estimates, 560 Pakistanis are stranded in the besieged Yemeni capital of Sanaa. Pakistan’s foreign ministry officials say around 2,145 Pakistanis are currently living in Yemen.

Earlier, a Pakistan International Airlines spokesperson said an aircraft will depart to Yemen on Sunday to evacuate stranded Pakistanis in the war-torn country.

“The first flight of PIA will depart to Yemen tomorrow to bring back Pakistanis,” a PIA spokesperson said, according to Radio Pakistan.

A convoy of 12 buses would transport 500 people to the western port city of Hudaidah. Earlier in the day, on the directions of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif a comprehensive plan was devised for the evacuation of Pakistanis stranded in Yemen.

SHARE